topbella

Saturday, October 9, 2010

PHCY 470 Elective symposium

Yesterday was the day! PHCY 470 Elective Symposium took place from 9 till 5 yesterday at Red lecture theatre for those who did presentation and room 713 at Adam Building for those making posters.

As for my group, we did the former one with the tile "Safety of medicines beyond their expiration dates". 

Our topic is definitely not as interesting as it sounds when you compared it to other groups doing social pharmacy. Nevertheless, people who are into clinical pharmacy usually want to know if it is safe to take expired drugs, enjoyed this presentation I suppose. Ours is a 100% literature review and information is not much out there and had been going all out searching for journals, books, newspapers and all sort of data we could find. Even on the day before the presentation, we had to change our slides and speeches after meeting up with our supervisor for the last time. 

During the symposium, I was very impressed with all those amazing and creative presentation in a sense that they really have a way to deliver their messages fantastically. This also goes to all the posters! Totally impressive!

Finally, our whole year elective project (research + report writing + presentation) is over. Well, not for my group because my supervisor wants us to look for more information after our exams. *sigh* hope all our efforts do not go down the drain. See, as much as I want to bid goodbye to my elective, it still continues to haunt me.

At least, the School of Pharmacy is nice to provide us with some snacks and pizzas! I believe all of us were very tired and hungry after the presentation. After judging the final poster, it was prize giving ceremony. Kudos to all those who won with glory especially to the Simvastatin Group - Jeanne, Joanne and Vee! I am so proud and happy for you. The only regret that I have is not taking a proper photo for you guys. 

All in all, I really enjoyed this memorable day because it was the first and last time I will ever sit in the lecture theatre for so long with all my classmates including those who don't usually turn up for lectures. HAHA. 

It was really a long and tiring day which is evident from my sleeping duration. I went to bed really early at 9.30pm and slept for 10.30 hrs! Even though I woke up at 8 plus, I was just lying on my bed while waiting for the heater to do its work because it was too cold this morning to get out of bed. =)

The VAIN boys group

Bak Choy group presenting their project - adequacy of handwashing

The poison group xD

Eddie! I got cha!

Grape Fruit Juice group

Alan, don't u feel privileged to be in my photo ? And yes, I know you were very hungry

Taking photo with the simvastatin group (without Jeanne)

Everyone listened with full interest to Miss Joanne

Hi DOT!!

Bekah and Jessy

PK group - Kelvin, Ran and Ben. Arthur, Bekah and I were just being NICE and FRIENDLY to take photo with them

One word - VAIN

We just couldn't stop eating

Look at all these swarm of people

 Khairol and Michael
Erm..Non-Asian except Prez xD

With Louise who was my partner for hospital externship last July and Kiri who acted in 300mg in Pharm Revue as the powerful and dominant Rhiannon.

Peeping Kelvin

Hey Vincent, your expression is so funny when you wanna punch Arthur. Smileee

You know I love you two xD

With my awesome elective group

Jojo and Sarah

Holly and Prez

Women in B&W

Prez and Kelly

Ben and Louise. I warned Ben beforehand not to ask my group any question HAHA

With our supervisor -- Hash Brown! Erm..I mean Hesh! I called him Hesh Brown by accident when asking him to take photo with us *oppsy*

Pizza!

Very Asian pose

With Prof. Pauline

One of the winning groups for presentation

I am extremely happy for the Simvastatin group for doing such a good job! xoxo

Lesson learnt : Not going to consider phD after this painful elective. 

-The End-

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
yun
Just a very simple girl
View my complete profile
 
Emotions© DiseƱado por: Compartidisimo