topbella

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tirimoana Baby xoxo



Kudos to the two organisers of this trip - Arthur and NinaChai! It was a 3 days 2 nights (30Aug - 1 Sep) at Tirimoana (a beach villa) at Karitane which is ~30mins from Dunedin Central. Some stayed there throughout the whole event whereas some only went for one day including me. Although it was just a day for me, it was indeed very exciting and enjoyable which has made it the most memorable day of my mid-sem break. (I doubt there is anything better than this).

On 31 Aug, I followed Elsa to this majestic place in the morning. After about 30mins drive, we finally reached our destination! (This is my second time visiting this place. The first was just ~5 days ago for Kelvin's birthday - I will blog this soon with more photos of the villa) I have to say this villa is a very nice and spacious house to live in. 
When we arrived, everyone was on the dining table having their BRUNCH. After catching up with some of them, I went to the lounge and found these people here. Arthur and Jason were playing pingpong while Kelvin and Peter played the guitars. After this, I went to help the girls prepared lunch.
Girls are always in the kitchen
Elsa
Steven playing "Qin Fei De Yi" in the kitchen to entertain the girls

Staircase to ...
The beach
Coleslaw for lunch
Onions for burger
Kelvin with his ps3
Okay, let me tell you this. These 3 guys here (in fact all the guys) are super posers! Look at them!
 

The main activity for the day was cockles picking. We went to a beach (I have no idea what it is called) which was about 10-15 mins by car. 

Everyone is getting ready - applied sunscreen, changed to T-shirt and shorts, got the buckets, plastic bags, shovels and most importantly jackets because it was a cold day.
Getting ready people!
Edwin and his sunblock!
We saw a pony on the way there
It has been raining for 2 days in a row which explained  the muddy road.                                                  Everyone worked hard with fun picking cockles under the windy and cold condition. Seriously, it was really cold for me.




Say Tirimoana Baby
Arthur with the "black" people
We worked hard for cockles, baby!
This is Sam's idea - Zhu Ba Jie
    Poor red jacket guy. Guess who? ADI! They played a trick on him - threw him into the seaAfter a satisfying number of cockles, we went back to the long house (Tirimoana) preparing and had lunch! Here's the menu. The cockles were meant for dinner 


Our lunch dishwasher, Jason

Arthur was just telling us that Sam has a symmetrical head which is the reason that he is very charming and good looking. HAHAHA (bottom)

We played mafia (psychological game using cards), charade (guys vs girls) and also taboos (board game).
Who's the Mafia?
Charade

  Dinner time! It's Italian tonight! Pasta, roast potatoes. Not to forget - cockles 
Peter is the man for warming up the house!
Charlotte, one of the chefs
Roast potatoes
Steven preparing bread pudding
With beef and baked beans

With bacon and baked beans with beef
With chicken
You need VEGEs!
The BIG family. I love you all
Raw or cooked?
Bread pudding
Look at the above photos for the dishwasher of the evening. He's none other than our Mr.Khoo The Muscle Man! The other two were his elves or slaves, Adi and Sam. LOL
Elsa and I
I wish I have a car here
Okay, this is very random here which is a hotel on the way to Tirimoana! Seriously, I WANT the old version of Blogger back! Have been blogging this entry for 3 hours.


Elsa and I left at 11pm. I am pretty sure they had lots of fun playing CRANIUM! Too bad Johanna is not here cos' she is always VERY KEEN for cranium. 

-The End-

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
yun
Just a very simple girl
View my complete profile
 
Emotions© DiseƱado por: Compartidisimo