topbella

Monday, September 6, 2010

Chch earthquake + poem

It was a rainy day and had just finished my law workshop and am still not done for the day yet; still have noon classes from 2 till 5. I really don't want to get out of my house when it is really wet outside. *sigh*

I finally bought a HUGE umbrella to replace the umbrella that I have lost 2 months ago =( 
Dunedin's weather is very crazy! The rate of deformities of my umbrellas is equivalent to my shopping spree =')

My one week holiday is officially over. It is a fun week but unproductive in terms of my studies. Oh well, I just need to work extra hard for this semester then. *jiayou* Currently, I am very addicted to the English series, "How I met your mother"! It is a MUST to watch if you haven't. *heee*

The latest natural disaster was a disruptive earthquake with a magnitude of 7.1 or 7.4 in Christchurch. Luckily, there is no fatalities despite the major disruption of many buildings. For more information, please go to  www.stuff.co.nz and search for earthquake in Canterbury or Christchurch.

It happened on 4th Spetember at about 4.30am when I was asleep deeply. I knew about this when I received a text from Gladys asking me if I am in Christchurch and told me about the earthquake (Christchurch is my second home during holidays). I actually planned to visit Juang but then she is coming down this week, thus, I just stayed in Dunedin. After knowing this dreadful news, I contacted my friends in Christchurch to check on them. Some of the Dunny people felt the movement of this quake! 
Jon's photo frame toppled but everything in my room was still intact *gasp*

Next thing I would like to share is my friend's poem. She is a very talented and passionate girl who conveyed her feeling through writing, verbally and making little things for others. The title for this is 

"Define Love"

Honey, Baby, darling,
Love but a broken shadow
A poor lover 
will hurt and cry upon the wishful nights 
Praying dearly for the special star]
Hidden in the darkness
Wishing to be noticed
But too afraid to see it once more
For it is too bright
and too far to feel
ever again
Love o love
what is love
when tears are wasted in bright summer day
love o love
what is love
when it hurts the hopeful hearts
Love o love
what is love
When it's just u and love and not the star

By Jx

That's all for now.
-The End-

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
yun
Just a very simple girl
View my complete profile
 
Emotions© DiseƱado por: Compartidisimo