topbella

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Brunei as a kingdom of Unexpected treasure

Last Monday, Jon's friends transited for one day in Brunei from NZ to Thailand. They stayed at The Terrace Hotel at bandar. I went to help out with showing them around Brunei in the afternoon. However, I felt like a tourist so left with Jon alone doing all the job. *heee*
The places that we brought them were
1 - Kampong Ayer (The Water Village)
2 - The mosque ( Omar Ali Saifuddien mosque)
3 - Royal Regalia (Alat alat kebesaran Diraja)

We rode in bus no.11! Our very own legs! The weather was really HOT bu luckily I brought sunscreen with me xD
~1 hr tour around the water village. $60 for 8 people. It was $30 initially but then it doubled cos' they wanted to look at the proboscis monkeys :) It is considered really cheap I reckon because I spent NZD140 just to watch the tail of a whale. HAAAA~



Baby crocodile

The legendary Jong Batu. The rock was actually a curse towards a mother's unfulial son.



The mangrove's breathing roots


The Omar Ali Saifuddien mosque
I have to wear this 'jubah' in order to go inside the mosque

Camera is not allowed in ther royal regalia. The place that we can take pic is very limited

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
yun
Just a very simple girl
View my complete profile
 
Emotions© DiseƱado por: Compartidisimo